Our second Industry Day will take place on May 2nd, 2018 at Newcastle University. The aim of the event is to raise awareness of our NODES group, to further develop our network, and to interact with current and potential industrial partners.
Venue: Newcastle University, Urban Sciences Building, 1 Science Square, Newcastle upon Tyne NE4 5TG, Event Space, for a map see here.
- 12.00-12.30: Buffet lunch
- 12.30-12.35: Welcome by Professor Chris Day (Vice Chancellor and President, Newcastle University)
- 12.30-12.50: Introduction to the NODES group
Norbert Peyerimhoff (NODES Director, Durham University)
Andrew Duncan (NODES Coordinator, Newcastle University)
- 12.50-13.50: Industrial Speed Dating: Current Industry Challenges I
Stefan Egan (P&G)
Richard Harrety (NECS)
Abi Giles-Haigh (Caspian Learning)
- 14.00-14.40: The Road from PhD to Industry
Jack Aiston (Big Data CDT student, Newcastle University)
David Cushing (Pulsic)
Oliver Payne (ZF Technical Centre)
- 14.40-15.10: Tea/Coffee Break –